What is high-quality CPR?
When looking at survivability, the better the quality of the CPR care provided, the better the potential for a positive outcome. We teach high-quality CPR in all of our classes, whether for healthcare providers or for the general public.
High-quality CPR has several factors:
- The victim needs to be placed on a flat, firm surface (generally on the floor or the ground, unless in a healthcare facility where there may be other equipment available.
- The victim’s chest needs to be exposed, so that the rescuer can visualize the proper landmarks for hand-positioning, as well as to be able to visualize the necessary “chest recoil” after each compression.
- The chest compressions need to be delivered the proper rate and depth appropriate for a victim in that age group, and the chest needs to “recoil” sufficiently to allow blood to return to the heart after each compression.
- The rescuer needs to use good body mechanics for effective chest compressions and to preserve his or her energy.
That, in a nutshell, is what high-quality CPR is. But just knowing that is not enough. You need a class that provides not only certification, and allows you to practice these skills with the guidance of an instructor. That is something you can only do in person. An online-only does not provide such an opportunity (and the “certificate” from such an online-only class is not likely going to be accepted as legitimate, should you need training for employment or school).
While high-quality CPR and high-performance CPR are related, they are not exactly the same thing. Click here for information on high-performance CPR.
You have the option of signing up one of our regularly scheduled classes or arranging to have a class brought to you at work or at home, specifically for your group.
Click on a link below to get headed in the right direction:
⇒Click here to register for a pre-scheduled class.
⇒Click here to schedule a class for your work or social group.
American Red Cross CPR, AED and First Aid
CPR-Twin Cities is a proud provider of nationally recognized and accepted American Red Cross classes, training and certification in the Twin Cities (Minneapolis-St. Paul) area. Rest assured, all of our trainers are highly experienced American Red Cross instructors. We don’t use rookies … ever! And — unlike some other CPR/AED and First Aid training providers — our class sizes are kept intentionally small, so you get the personal attention you need and deserve. Our pre-scheduled classes are held in the Highland Park neighborhood of St. Paul. Here’s a map of our training center.
There is more than one level of American Red Cross CPR training and certification available. For instance, there are CPR classes specifically for the general public and others for health care providers and professional rescuers. If unclear about which class to choose, please read the class descriptions page before scheduling a class, or contact us and we’ll do our best to help you decide.
I have taken many CPR/First Aid classes … and yours was by far the best.
Sign Up for Upcoming Classes
Use the “Category Filter” to narrow down your search.
[ESPRESSO_EVENTS_TABLE_TEMPLATE order_by=”start_date” table_search=”false”]
- After clicking “Finalize Registration,” you will have one hour to make your payment (or your registration will be cancelled to make room for other students).
- Once on PayPal’s website, if you’d prefer to pay with a major credit card (rather than a PayPal account), click on “Don’t have a PayPal account?”
- If you encounter any problems making your credit card payment on the PayPal website, click here for help.