Troubleshooting credit card payment difficulties
There are many possibilities as to what might be standing in the way of you being able to make your credit card payment through PayPal (without using a PayPal account). In order to help our customers, here’s what we’ve learned from speaking to PayPal management.
First of all, if you sign in with a PayPal account (rather than choosing the “Don’t have a PayPal account?” option), more than likely, that will solve your payment issues. If you choose not to do that, most transactions still go through just fine anyway. However, there may be other barriers holding you back.
There are known PayPal issues with certain Internet browsers. For making credit card transactions on PayPal, the most reliable browser is Mozilla Firefox (which is not necessary true with other websites, but is true with PayPal). Here is a list of browsers that PayPal recommends (from the most reliable to the least reliable):
- Mozilla Firefox (most reliable for use with PayPal)
- Google Chrome (has some issues with PayPal)
- Internet Explorer (versions 7, 8 and 9 are okay, but 10 has many issues)
- Apple Safari (least reliable for use with PayPal)
There are a number of other reasons (mostly security reasons) why either PayPal or your bank may be rejecting your transaction:
- computer network — Try making the transaction from a non-work computer (some employers block such transactions from their network).
- WiFi network — Try making your transaction from a different location (due to excessive fraudulent activities, some WiFi locations, like certain Internet cafes, are blocked).
- personal information — Ensure that you’ve entered your full name, billing address, etc., exactly as listed in your credit card account.
- cache and cookies — Try clearing from your browser if you haven’t done so in a long time.
- debit card — Ensure that you have sufficient funds to cover the transaction.
- gift card — Try a different card, as gift card transactions are less likely to work.
- credit card — Even if you believe that your card should be accepted, try using a different credit card anyway.
Clearly, the easiest way to resolve your payment problems on the PayPal website is to create a PayPal account. This will help you, not only today in making your CPR-Twin Cities payment, but in making all future payments through PayPal.